April 26, 2015 - May 3, 2015
Inside the Philippines is a unique opportunity to participate in humanitarian efforts of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee in response to Typhoon Haiyan.
The Jewish community's connection to the Philippines runs deep; during World War II, the Island nation provided refuge for 1,305 European Jews as part of a historic rescue effort taken on by Filipino president Manuel Quezon, in partnership with the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC). This historic connection prompted JDC's response to Typhoon Haiyan, which devastated the Philippines in November 2013.
Explore an exclusive first-ever JDC Entwine Insider Trip for young professionals to the Philippines. Participants will enagage with this historic and dynamic community, take part in hands-on service projects that meet community needs and exchange with Manila's unique Jewish community.
• Serve with JDC, the world’s largest Jewish humanitarian aid organization.
• Gain first-hand insight into challenges facing the Philippines a year and a half after the devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
• Volunteer in the fields of medical assistance, educational support, and humanitarian relief.
• Engage in a cultural exchange through exclusive briefings with JDC local partner organizations and program beneficiaries.
• Travel with JDC’s Philippines Management Team and other Jewish young professionals from around the world.
Learn more about JDC's work in the Philippines here.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2014
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for our online application, cost information and sample itinerary. Subsidies available!
Sponsor: JDC Entwine