Turkey has served as a refuge for Jews fleeing persecution for more than five centuries, fostering a welcoming environment where the Jewish community has been able to sustain a vibrant Jewish communal life.
What challenges does the community face today? What does Jewish life look like in this traditional society? Join us in March for Inside Jewish Turkey.
Applications are open for Inside Jewish Turkey 2015: San Diego. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Engage in meaningful peer exchange with local young Jewish professionals
• Dinners & briefings with community leaders & the Chief Rabbi
• Discover Turkey’s rich Jewish history through tours of Izmir & Istanbul’s old synagogues
• Interactive visits to Jewish community programs and institutions
• Excursions to the Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar & Ephesus
• Experience Shabbat in Turkey with members of the local community
• Celebrate an authentic Turkish Purim
Application Deadline: November 30, 2014
Jessica Rafipour (Inside Jewish Turkey 2013) writes about her experience with Turkish Jewish life on our blog: http://www.jdcentwine.org/blog/927