Federation is proud to share that Board Member, philanthropist and all around mensch David Rubenstein has established a scholarship fund to help those in our community. Application deadline is June 20 - see information below:
|STUDENTS: What would you do with $2,500 for college?
If you are a high school senior or current college student, we invite you to apply for this scholarship opportunity! Past recipients have gone on to community colleges and four-year universities including UCSD, SDSU, Miramar Community College, USC, Tulane, and Carnegie Mellon. Interested students should review the requirements below and click here to learn more and download an application. Applications must be submitted by June 20, 2014.
- Offset tuition, room, or board
- Buy textbooks
- Reduce your student loan amount – and your future loan payments!
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- San Diego County resident (Independent students must have lived in San Diego for a one-year period. Exceptional cases may be considered if circumstances warrant.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstration of financial need
- Strong community involvement
- Demonstration of financial contribution toward education (e.g., through part-time work)
- Plan to attend school full-time (12-unit minimum per term) at an approved college, university, or vocational school in the U.S. in Fall 2014
“The Rubenstein Family Scholarship helped me pay down costs that weren't covered by financial aid. Knowing I was the recipient of this scholarship also boosted my confidence.”
– JFS-David Rubenstein Memorial Scholarship Award Recipient
|Dr. Robert Rubenstein, a generous member of our community, has established a scholarship program to offer financial assistance to students from the San Diego Jewish community who plan to attend college or a vocational school.