The Community Caring Senior Manager will work to enhance the San Diego Jewish community’s capacities and capabilities to support Jews in need. This position will spend time learning from existing community partners, as well as national networks, in order to build collaborative approaches to effect positive change. Under the supervision of the Chief Planning and Strategy Officer (CPSO), this position will work to develop and implement strategies, collaborative partnerships, donor stewardship, and a practice of learning and adaptive change.
The portfolio of work for the Community Caring Senior Manager will grow and adapt based on the needs of the community. Through 2024, the primary focus of this position will be on Jewish poverty in San Diego, Seniors, Holocaust Survivors, and Mental Health & Wellness.
This position will be successful when there is an observable difference in the way the San Diego Jewish community cares for Jews in need and that change is associated with the strategies, support, and investment of the Jewish Federation.
The Community Caring Senior Manager will be an integral team member of the Community Planning Department team. Members of this team are committed to working collaboratively with each other and across departments.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee a portfolio of initiatives focused on poverty, seniors, Holocaust survivors and teen mental health and wellness
- Works with CPSO to convene and facilitate multi-stakeholder efforts to address poverty in the Jewish community and support Jews in need
- Act as the lead staff member as related to Holocaust awareness, support of Survivors, and Yom HaShoah committee
- Generate reporting and community messaging that leads to greater understanding and connection to Federation’s workin caring for Jews in need
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with organizational partners, community members and lay leaders
- Facilitate the working group of Jewish communal professionals developing a community plan to address teen mental health and wellness
- Represent Federation in local and national cohorts committed to caring for Jews in need
- Steward and solicit a portfolio of donors
- Represent Federation at community events and other opportunities to become immersed in the San Diego Jewish community
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional related experience
- Strategy, research, and development experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization
- Commitment to working collaboratively with staff and community partners towards Federation’s vision, and mission
- Demonstrated experience managing and completing projects, conducting research, and compiling and disseminating information
- Strong team player with an ability to focus on building, strengthening, and maintaining existing and new collaborative relationships
- Strong problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including decision-making, listening to others, and consensus building
Knowledge of Jewish community, customs and traditions preferred
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.