JOB TITLE: Outreach Coordinator for the Middle Eastern Community
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, 18.75 hours
SALARY RANGE: $19-21/hour
The Outreach Coordinator for the Middle Eastern Community will facilitate outreach activities for the Breaking Down Barriers Program. In consultation with the Outreach Coordination Supervisor, this position is responsible for developing and delivering culturally responsive and specific community presentations to reduce mental health stigma; and outreach to potential sites.
Breaking Down Barriers is a county-funded program that aims to reduce mental health stigma across San Diego County, with a focus on unserved and underserved populations. Through this program, JFS will provide outreach, engagement, and learning opportunities for members of culturally diverse communities in partnership with trusted agencies and community groups. By working with these community partners and volunteer members of these populations, staff of Breaking Down Barriers will develop, adapt, and deliver small- and large-group presentations about mental health and topics particularly relevant to each community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess community assets to develop community presentations to help reduce mental health stigma among target populations
• Supervise volunteers and coordinate presentation schedules on a weekly basis
• Coordinate outreach and engagement among cultural organizations, community members, and local gathering venues
• Facilitate constructive, educational, and strengths-based discussions about mental illness
• Evaluate the need for additional resources and assist staff in making referrals for mental health treatment or other necessary supports to encourage overall wellness
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
• Awareness and understanding of the Middle Eastern communities in San Diego County
• Bilingual (Arabic or Farsi) required
• Comfort working in an environment where multiple languages are spoken
• Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organization’s/program’s service population
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services field preferred
• Must pass pre-employment background check(s)
• Must have experience working with cultural and community organizations within the previous five years and can establish immediate rapport with clients
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving several variables
• Reliable, detail-oriented and initiates hard-work without being prompted
• Must be available to work evenings and possibly weekends
• Comfort with public speaking and presenting to groups
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.