The Jewish Federation of San Diego County is looking for a creative, motivated, flexible and detail oriented individual to join our efforts as we envision and execute meaningful events designed to highlight and support all our programs, and to strengthen Jewish community. For more than 85 years Federation has worked to create a vibrant, caring, connected and enduring Jewish Community by strengthening Jewish identity, caring for Jews in need and fostering deep connections with Israel and Jews around the world. San Diego County is home to more than 100,000 Jews, in about 50,000 households. We are a thriving, vibrant, multi-faceted Jewish community of more than 100 Jewish communal organizations. More information about Jewish San Diego is available on our website, www.jewishinsandiego.org. Federation staff are passionate about community building, highly collaborative and always learning. We bring a wide range of experiences and backgrounds to our work and welcome all applicants for this dynamic position.
The Events Manager (EM) will lead the creative and logistical efforts involved in planning and executing Federation events that enhance the perception of Federation and raise public awareness of Federation’s vision and mission. This will include fundraising, outreach, stewardship and community building events. The Events Manager responsibilities cover all aspects of event planning, including creative design, scripting, planning, including sponsorship fulfillment, budgeting, messaging, sourcing and evaluation of vendors. In addition, the EM will work closely with lay leaders to plan and execute events, building and stewarding these important relationships.
The EM will provide support for community campaign operations (donors of $1 - $999), which includes the administration of the community campaign, direct mail and telemarketing efforts. S/He will be responsible for creating a strategy that incorporates the stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation of community campaign donors and monthly donors. While the EM is a member of the marketing team, he/she will work closely with the development and community planning teams and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy by overseeing events and the community campaign.
Compensation and Benefits
Full-time, exempt position
Compensation range: $70,000-$75,000
Comprehensive benefit package:
- 403b Thrift plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Medical and dental flexible spending
- Term life insurance
- Long term disability
- Sick Leave, vacation & 22 holidays
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, manage, plan, coordinate, and implement all aspects of assigned Federation events. These include but are not limited to Signature Events, Parlor Events and other outreach events
- Provide logistical support for Community Planning Events such as IsraelFest, Yom HaShoah, Yom Hazikaron and
- Lead event committees including volunteers and lay leaders
- Draft event scripts, promotional information and other event marketing materials
- Create digital and printed collateral materials for events (invitations, programs, swag) and work with team to execute a marketing plan for each event
- Work with development team to retain and grow the donor base of the Community Campaign and monthly donor program.
- Oversee and track fulfillment of sponsorship benefits as they relate to events.
- Work with Chief Marketing and Engagement Officer (CMEO) and Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to define and write key messaging for community campaign donors and event attendees.
- Develop and manage the events and community campaign activities calendars and project plans, while tracking expenses & revenue.
- Prepare and compile event reports in conjunction with the database team, CMEO and CAO.
- Serve as a liaison/resource person for all aspects of event planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS
- 3-5 years of experience in events and fundraising experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams) and donor databases.
- Strong organization and time management skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize workloads, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and be detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and constituents.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate campaign results and identify trends, including the ability to manage statistical data in order to assess fundraising effectiveness and devise strategic plans.
- Experience in developing compelling event themes, desired outcomes, and event strategies for a range of events for a few and up to 1,000+ participants.
- Experience managing team members and volunteers in the planning and execution of events.
- Ability to evaluate vendors and negotiate contracts for event services.
Knowledge of Jewish community, customs and traditions preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veterans’ status.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. The employee must have the ability to travel and work weekends and evening when needed.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and detailed resume along with any questions about the position to: RESUMES@JEWISHINSANDIEGO.ORG
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.